Forever Balboa Park’s 2023 Spring Annual Fund Campaign.
Success is tangible here in Balboa Park—in the accomplishments of Balboa Park’s volunteer corps, in the progress of park improvements, and in the services provided daily to park visitors. Spring is a season of possibilities, of new growth and wonder. As we look forward into the coming months and the start of our next fiscal year this summer, new opportunities and plans for continued success and impacts are sprouting all over Balboa Park.
Your contribution allows us to:
- Support the urban forest in Balboa Park, and plant 600+ trees over the last 5 years;
- Advance the Botanical Building & Gardens restoration project in partnership with the City of San Diego;
- Restore the Balboa Park Carousel after 100 years of joy in Balboa Park;
- Serve more than 500K visitors annually in the Balboa Park Visitors Center.
Forever Balboa Park’s programs and initiatives have strong roots. In our third year as an organization, we will continue to grow and evolve to capitalize on new opportunities and offer more to Balboa Park and its visitors.
- The Dorothea Laub Balboa Park Carousel reopens this summer in time for National Carousel Day on July 25.
- Forever Balboa Park continues to grow and diversify our volunteer opportunities throughout the park, engaging youth community groups and local high schools.
- Progress is being made to expand inclusivity and accessibility in the park, including broadening our public tour offerings to provide bilingual options and park projects focused on accessibility.
- Collaborations with neighboring cultural institutions are in bloom to provide community programming.
- The Botanical Building and Gardens restoration project is on track, and Forever Balboa Park is designing the plan for Phase II. Learn more at BalboaParkBotanical.org.
- Forever Balboa Park continues to advocate for Balboa Park, focused on realizing the potential of the park as a place for collaboration, ingenuity, and creativity.