Providing Expert Information to All Visitors
Visitors Center volunteers are the ultimate guides to Balboa Park. They provide detailed park information and personal assistance to all guests – more than 500,000 annually.
Managed by Forever Balboa Park, the Balboa Park Visitors Center is prominently located at the northwest corner of the House of Hospitality building. Its information desk is continuously staffed by highly knowledgeable volunteers who have access to the most current and comprehensive information about the park’s activities and attractions. Open daily (except major holidays), the Visitors Center offers brochures, maps, audio tours, free guided tours of the park, transportation information, dining advice, and more.
Be a Visitor Center Volunteer
As the busiest visitors center in the region, the Balboa Park Visitors Center requires dedicated and customer service minded volunteers.
- Over the age of 16
- Interested in serving the public
- Able to communicate clearly with patience for repetition
- Individuals who enjoy Balboa Park and want to share it with others
- Able to give consistent, reliable information and service
- Able to maintain a polite and professional demeanor throughout 3-to-4-hour shifts
- Able to commit to 4 shifts a month or 1 shift per week for at least 1 year